The Explora Resort in San Pedro de Atacama offers packages of 4 and 8 nights, perfectly tailored to introduce you to the natural beauty and native culture of the region.
Located in the Atacama Desert between the Pacific Ocean and the Andes Mountains, in the Ayllu de Larache, in the Oasis of San Pedro de Atacama, the world renown Explora has built a very special resort.The building itself reflects the mood of the magic area of the world's driest desert. Dedicated to the concept of exploration the hotel is none the less not short on amenities.
More than just a luxury hotel it is the best way to really experience this uniquely beautiful and desolate spot in the world. Explora has a wide selection of tours included in the price.
Explora atacama lodge.
- When to visit: You can enjoy our journeys any time of year. Each season has its own charm, colors and aromas. We go out exploring every single day.
- Location: explora Atacama is located in the Ayllu de Larache (initially a kin-based community of the ancient Atacameño people), near the village of San Pedro de Atacama.
- Explorations: Our explorations are the most important aspect of our travel experience. We have over 40 different guided hikes, bike rides, high mountain ascents and horseback rides, in groups of maximum 8 travelers. All our explorations have different difficulty levels ranging from easy to expert, and different durations, half day or full day.
- Minimum stay and recommendations: Our programs have a 3 night minimum stay, however, we highly recommend you stay for 5 nights in order to fully experience this destination.
- Rooms and view:The lodge has 50 rooms with breathtaking views of desert landscapes and the Cordillera de la Sal.
- Swimming Pool Area:Surrounded by foxtail plants and lush native vegetation are four, interconnected, ambient-temperature pools – ideal for relaxing, building back strength and enjoying the deep desert silence after a day of intense exploration. Near the pools are sauna and steam bath facilities, and open-air Jacuzzis.
- Our Kitchen:ur dishes have been designed to enable guests to perform various explorations and still feel light, agile, and healthy. Furthermore, based on our luxury of the essential, we seek to offer pure flavors from quality ingredients. Bringing out the best of each product is our motto. Our dishes are always accompanied by a superb Chilean wine. We also carry a menu of Premium wines for those that would like to try other alternatives.
- Massage Room:Our massage center is located near the lodge, in a restored Colonial adobe-straw building. Turi Puri, which in Kunza, the language of the area’s early inhabitants, means “House of Water,” invites you to discover a new level of inner peace, outer harmony, and revitalized energy.
- Explorer’s Bar:The Explorer’s Bar is the meeting place of our guides for planning explorations. Stocked with liquor and Chilean wines, the bar is frequently the meeting point of returning groups at nightfall.
- Observatory:We offer nightly viewings, depending on weather conditions. Make sure you include some celestial explorations during your stay.