The Explora Lodge is much more than a hotel or resort, it is a complete adventure where guests experience the natural beauty that is the Patagonia of Chile.
Situated in the heart of the Patagonia, 400 km (250 miles) from the Chilean city of Punta Arenas, Torres del Paine National Park boasts an area of more than 240,000 hectares (576,000 acres). It takes shape around the impressive Paine mountain chain and because of its proximity to the sea the park enjoys a temperate climate and plenty of sunny days year round. It is considered one of the most beautiful national parks in the world due to the strange yet unique mountain formations, glaciers, lakes, waterfalls, and flora and fauna. The Torres del Paine (Towers of Paine) is a distinguishable feature within the park; an odd and monumental mountain formation that stands 3,000 m (9,840 feet) high. Another is the Cuernos del Paine (Horns of Paine) that reach an altitude of over 2,000 m (6,560 feet). And appearing in the middle of this indomitable and marvelous wilderness is the Explora Hotel Salto Chico.
Explora Patagonia is located on the shores of Lake Pehoe, and has breathtaking views of the Paine Massif and horns.
Explora Patagonia, at the end of the world.
- When to visit: Patagonia is unique with every passing season, which is why we are open year round. The Patagonian weather is unpredictable; within the same day you can experience snow, heat, rain and wind. From October to April (inclusive), we have fixed entry and departure dates. Please check our calendar
- Explorations: Our explorations are the most important aspect of our travel experience. We have over 50 different guided hikes and horseback rides, in groups of maximum 8 travelers. All our explorations have different difficulty levels ranging from easy to expert, and different durations, half day or full day.
- Minimum stay and recommendations: Our programs have a 4 night minimum stay, however, we highly recommend you stay for 8 nights in order to fully experience this destination
- Rooms and view: The lodge has 49 rooms, with breathtaking views of the Paine Massif and the Salto Chico waterfall
- Our Food:Our dishes have been designed to enable guests to perform various explorations and still feel light, agile, and healthy. Furthermore, based on our luxury of the essential, we seek to offer pure flavors from quality ingredients. Bringing out the best of each product is our motto. Our dishes are always accompanied by a superb Chilean wine. We also carry a menu of Premium wines for those that would like to try other alternatives.
- Ona Bathhouses:Our massage room and pool area are located 100 meters away from the main building, connected by a sloped wood path. It is equipped with a heated, covered pool, sauna, and four open-air jacuzzis with views of the Pehoe Lake and Paine Massif. Inside, you can choose from our essential oils massages: therapeutic, relaxation, energetic, and more
- Explorer’s Bar:The Explorer’s Bar is the meeting place of our guides for planning explorations. Stocked with liquor and Chilean wines, the bar is frequently the meeting point of returning groups at nightfall.
- Store:Our store carries all the items necessary for taking explorations, along with local artisanal goods and books of the area.