|Tours: A wide selection of tours are included in the price, tours
you choose upon arrival. Tours for every taste, age, and physical ability.
See below for tours and their description and difficulty.
1. To Catarpe: Easy. Duration: 2 ½ to 3 hrs. Itinerary:
Quebrada del Diablo -Valle de Quitor -Tambo Catarpe.
2. Quebrada del Diablo: Medium. Duration: 2 ½ to
3 hrs. Itinerary: Vilama
3. Valle de la Muerte: Medium. Duration: 2 ½ to
3 hrs. Itinerary: Valle de Quitor, visiting Pukará de Quitor.
4. Chulacao: Medium. Duration: 2 hrs. Itinerary: Mine
and its surroundings.
5. To Termas de Puritama: Medium. Duration: 2 ½
- 3 hrs Itinerary: Arrival to hot springs, picnic buffet and possibility
6. Las Cornisas: Medium. Duration: 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.
7. Rio Grande: Medium. (*) Duration: 1 ½ hrs. by
van to Machuca. On foot 5 to 6 hours (includes pic-nic) Coming back 1 1/2
hrs. by van .
8. By the foothills of the Lascar at 4.500 mts. (14.800
feet): (*) Medium Duration and Itinerary: Departure: 8 a.m. to Salar de
Tara, then to Laguna Lejía. Pic-nic at an Altitude of 4.200 meters.
Ascension by van to Volcán Láscar at an altitude 4.500 meters.
Descending on foot for 2 ½ hours . Views. Second option: On foot
between Tumbre and Talabre Viejo: 2 ½ hrs. Easy.
9. Valle de la Luna: Easy. Duration: ½ - 1 hour.
Note: This exploration is only programmed for moonlighted nights.
10. Hike through the Ayllus: At Solor or Sequitor or Cucuter.(1)
Both hikes are within the concept of travelling in Atacama, which are the
base of the explorations from group "B".
The extend terrirory and its differents points of interest
allow excursions in small groups by Van, that las half or one day. These
excursions capture profund landscapes, natural events and inhabited places
that bare the ingredients and surprises that make the experience unforgettable.
1. Callejón de Varela: Itinerary : Departure at
7:00 AM to Laguna Lejía - Breakfast . Pic-nic at Salar de Aguas
Calientes at 4.000 mts. Visit Lagunas and Socaire. Back at the Hotel at
6:30 P.M. Note: It might include a 2 hour walk down the gorge from Laguna
2. The Heigths of Tatio: Itineraries and departure time
: To experience the geysers in action, departure is before 6:00 A.M., otherwise
at 08:00 A.M.. There are two alternatives: Half day, coming back to the
Hotel for lunch; one day with picnic: a) Bathing in Termas de Puritama
and on foot to Guatín. b) Through Turipiti and Machuca Valley with
picnic, on foot by Bofedal and Valley.
3. Tulor: Duration: 1 ½ hour round trip.
4. Salar de Atacama: Duration: 2 ½ to 3 hours -
5. Toconao y Quebrada de Jerés. Duration : 2 ½
hours. A good opportunity for an afternoon cup of tea.
6. Caspana : Duration : departures are at 7:30 A.M. Itinerary
: ascent Tatio. Breakfast. Arrival to Caspana and visit, depending what
time it is, first picnic then a 2 hours on foot visiting the agricultural
terraces. Note : This exploration is recommended on departure day, to finish
at the airport and avoid coming back to the hotel. (explora takes the luggage
directly to the airport)
7. Plateau of Turi: Departure at 7:00 A.M. to El Tatio,
arrival at Toconce through Linzor. Visit the Terraces. Picnic at Toconao
or at turi. Following, visit Pukará Turi and visit Aiquina. Note
: This exploration is recommended on departure day, to finish at the airport
and avoid coming back to the hotel. (explora takes the luggage directly
to the airport)
8. Visit to Pukará Lasana / Chiu Chiu Recommended
on departure day, allowing to have a light lunch at the Hotel.
TRAVELING THROUGH ATACAMA
TRAVELING THROUGH HISTORY
1. Conference at the hotel An archeologist's or an anthropologist's
points of view of the history, geography and cultural aspects of Atacama.
2. Museo Le Paige in San Pedro Guided tour to the Museum's
collection, with tombs, ceramics, and forms of cultures that have lived
and passed through Atacama.
3. Tour to Archeological Sites According with visitor's
interest, a tour can be arranged to specific archeological places.
1. Valle de Quitor: Duration : 2 ½ to 4 hours visit
Pukará and Catarpe.
2. Valle de Muerte: Duration : 2 ½ to 3 ½
houres. Itinerary : Valle de Quitor, Valle de la Muerte. Optative Pukará
de Quitor .
3. Through the Ayllus: a) Beach and Sequitor : Duration
1 ½ to 2 hours. b) Solor : Duration 2 to 2 ½ hours. c) Cucuter
y Poconche : Duration 3 ½ hours . Coming back via Sequitor. d) Tulor
and Beter : Duration 3 hours. Coming back via Sequitor
1. To Valle de Quitor: Duration : 2 ½ to 3 ½
hours. Itinerary : Valle de Quitor, optative visit to Pukará . Church.
2. Quebrada del Diablo: Duration : 2 ½ to 3 hours.
Itinerary : Quebrada del Diablo / Catarpe.
3. To Piedra de la Coca : Difficult Duration : 3½
to 4 hours. early departure. Itinerary : To return there are two options,
by Valle de Muerte or by highway.
4. To Tulor : Difficult Duration : 3 ½ hours. Itinerary
: Surrounding Ayllu. Sandy Optional : Without surrounding Ayllu - 2 hours.
5. To Solor : Duration : 2 hours Itinerary : To Solor
6. Sequitor and Ayllus: Duration : 1 ½ hours Itinerary
: to Sequitor along the beach.
7. explora's Challenge: Challenge, to who climbs the furthest
from trail to Paso Jama. Views and downhill. Paved road.
1. El Toco (5.600 meters. altitude) Duration : One journey,
in vehicle up to an altitude of 4.600 meters, on foot to the peak - 3 hours.
Note : Requires acclimatization in San Pedro and previous traning. Authorization
subjet to physical fitness. Mountain clothing is required.
2. Volcan Láscar. 5.400 meters altitude. Duration
: One journey, in vehicle up to an altitude of 4.700 meters, on foot to
the peak - 3 ½ - 4 hours. From October to April. Note : Requires
acclimatization in San Pedro and previous traning. Authorization subjet
to physical fitness. Mountain clothing and anti-smoke mascara are required
(provided at the hotel).
3. Volcan Sairecabur: 6.100 meters altitude. Duration
: One journey, in vehicle up to an altitude of 5.200 meters, on foot to
the peak 4 - 5 hours. Note : A previeus ascent to Volcán Láscar
4. Volcán Apagado: 5.700 meters altitude. Duration
: One journey, in vehicle up to an approximate altitude of 5.000 meters,on
foot to the peak - 4 hours. Degree of slope is more elevated than in other
volcanoes of the zone. Note : Requires acclimatization in San Pedro and
previous training. Authorization Subject to physical fitness. Mountain
clothing is required.
5. Volcán Licancabur: 5.900 meters altitude. Duration
: 2 - 3 nights, depending on physical fitness. Note : Requires acclimatization
subject to physical fitness. Mountain clothing is required. This exploration
has to be programmed 60 - 90 days in advance so as to adequately prepare
it. Visa is required for entering Bolivia.
Click Here to Return to the Explora
Here to Reserve The Explora Atacama Lodge
Here to Go To Chile Hotels listing of all the hotels of Chile
Here to Go to San Pedro de Atacama Hotel listing
Click here to Go
to Chile Tours Chile adventure tour site